[Original photo by Mariani Chen]
Remember the COM125 study wiki?
A few of you have asked to reopen it for the final exam (glad you like it!) so I’ve done it by adding pages to include include the new weekly topics we’ve covered since the mid-term exam.
While the final exam will cover everything after the mid-term, do note that a lot of topics overlap previous content, so don’t be surprised to see questions that test your knowledge on creative commons and gift economies (e.g. Intellectual Property in Games), as well as online identities which occurs in everything we covered so far (e.g. privacy, online communities).
You talk too much… so what do I do?
Once again, instead of a blog assignment this week, you’ll be building an exam study guide together as a class. Read carefully:
- Go to com125.wikispaces.com
- If you haven’t, sign-up for an account using your real name (requires my approval).
- Once logged in, explore the topics for the exam.
- Add and/or Edit key definitions and possible questions for class.
- Check back often as others may build on what you’ve contributed (Use the Wiki’s RSS feed).
- Drop a comment here with your wikispaces username and a description of what you added to earn credits.
- DEADLINE: This Sunday, 5pm
Can I do either QotW11 or Bonus Mission #3? Can do both?!?
You may perform either one or both assignments. You will be graded accordingly Mr. Kiasu (e.g. both assignment = 6 pts total).
Ironically (or intentionally) , by contributing to this wiki, you’ll be practicing what you’ve learnt on gift economies, creative commons and online identity. It is hoped that you’ll not only benefit for your exam, but experience what it would be like to be a contributor to larger public wikis such as Wikipedia.
Feel free to ask questions in the comments. Students are encouraged to help answer each other’s questions.🙂