[Original cassette photo by Rune T]
Are you ready to sing!?!
A private contest on Singshot.com has been arranged for the COM125 class. You’ll be competing on SingShot.com where you’ll rate each other in terms of singing ability. The contest is scheduled to end on 17th April, to which the winners will be determined by the online community (including yourselves).
Great, so where do I start?
- Sign up with Singshot.com
- Tag each recording you want to enter with “com125idol”.
- Submit as many entries as you wish.
- Rate your fellow classmates’ submissions.
- Embed your recording on your blog to publicize it (sell it baby!)
On April 17th, the winners will be determined by user ratings.
Whatever… what will I win?
Sing your heart out as each contestants stand to win 3 extra credits. Winners will be worshiped by the entire class.
This contest is for you to experience concepts of user generated content, crowdsourcing, unique entertainment forms, and online community interactions (e.g. populism).
Happy Singing and Good Luck!