Journalists, Bloggers, Whistleblowers and so much more!
Here’s the Question of the Week (QotW):
- Explore The Straits Times’ STOMP.com.sg…
- Based on the readings below, is STOMP an ideal form of citizen journalism for Singapore?
- Regardless of your response, how would you improve it?
- Make a concise argument in 500 words or more (proper written English), supported with at least two APA-style citations.
- Start the title of your blog post as “QotW9: _____”
- Drop a comment here with a permalink to your blog post.
- *Selected posts will be shared with Jennifer Lewis, Editor of STOMP.
Here’s the Extra-Credit (BONUS MISSION):
- Contribute news to STOMP via SMS or MMS at 75557, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your contribution appears on the site, publish a link to it in the comments below (mark it “BONUS MISSION”)
- Extra-credit will only be given if your news gets accepted.
31st March, Saturday, 5pm
Warning: Late work will not be graded
• We the Media (remaining chapters)
• Nieman Reports: The Future Is Here, But Do News Media Companies See It? (Web summary / PDF report)
• “How Technology is changing the Media” at Berkman Center for Internet and Society (Google Video)
• New York Times: All the World’s a Story (19th March, 2007): Assignment Zero, a new online journalism experiment, combines reporting efforts of readers to tell the world a story (a crowdsourcing example).