Better start reading…
Here’s the Question of the Week (QotW):
- How can we accommodate both the interests of content creators and the public good? What technical and social structures are needed to do so?
- Make a specific argument in 700 words (proper written English), supported with at least three APA-style citations.
- Cite facts from this week’s readings, including external sources where possible.
- Start the title of your blog post as “QotW3: _____”
- Drop a comment here with a permalink to your blog post.
Extended to 3rd Feb, Saturday, 5pm
(Warning: Late work will not be graded)
A design goal of the Internet was to simplify the sharing of information. By all accounts, it has succeeded in achieving this goal. The popularization of the Internet brought this capacity for sharing into conflict with some existing philosophical, social, and legal institutions. Next week, we will be discussing copyright, sharing, and the impacts of the Internet on creative culture.
• The Shadow Internet